2005-09-20

 

intelligent idiocy

Challenged by Creationists, Museums Answer Back. I know it goes against what this article is saying, but I find it very upsetting and even depressing that we need a "cottage industry" to pop up teaching museum docents how to respond to critics of evolution. Maybe I could understand this happening back before Scopes, but certainly not in this "modern" age of science and technology.

Apparently I'm wrong since the NY Times has an entire section devoted to The Evolution Debate. I just don't understand how people can be so willfully ignorant; willing to accept science on some issues, but choosing to debase it in others where it challenges their faith. Just boggles the mind. I believe everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but when there is such strong evidence for one side versus another with none I don't see how you can choose the other. Show Me the Science. After reading this wonderfully written refutation of "intelligent design," if one can still support it I'd like to know.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?